1. What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a tiny data file that we transfer onto your computer, mobile phone, or any other device that you use to access the Nickfinder.com, generally used for authentication and tracking. Every cookie expires after a certain period of time, but that period varies depending on what the cookie is used for and how your browser is configured.
A “session” cookie is one that generally expires when you close your web browser or mobile application.
A “persistent” cookie is one that remains in your device, even after you close your browser or mobile application.
A persistent cookie expires according to the duration set by us (or when you delete it manually). Learn more on Wikipedia.
You may remove or disable cookies through your browser settings. For more information on how to manage your cookie options, please see Section 5 of this Cookie Statement below.
We use the information we receive from cookies and other locally stored data to make your experience with the Nickfinder.com safer and better, to gain a greater understanding of user preferences and interactions with the Nickfinder.com, and to generally improve our services.
- Provide you with a personalized experience, such as using cookies to know your language preference, to remember the user preferences you set so we can provide you with the customized look and feel that you want, and to tell you about interesting Nickfinder.com issues and events in your area.
- Understand how you use the Nickfinder.com across different devices, so that we can make our varied Nickfinder.com more efficient and effective for you.
- Make the Nickfinder.com more convenient to use, such as by using cookies to maintain your session when you log in or to remember your username in the login field.
3. What types of cookies does Nickfinder.com use?
The cookies and other locally stored data technologies used by the Nickfinder.com generally fall into the following categories:
- Functionality: These cookies help the Nickfinder.com work, including essential features like logging in.
- Preferences: These cookies store your preferences, so that they can be remembered the next time you use the Nickfinder.com.
- Performance and Analysis: These cookies collect information about how you use the Nickfinder.com, so that we can better understand how the Nickfinder.com work and improve them for you and other users.
- Third-Party: These cookies allow us to render services provided by third parties, such as “like” and “share” buttons. When a third party provides these kinds of services, they may require the use of a cookie in order to provide their services.
Third-party cookies allow us to render services provided by third parties, such as “like” and “share” buttons. When a third party provides these kinds of services, they may require the use of a cookie in order to provide their services.
5. What are my cookie options?
- remove or disable specific locally stored data on your browser’s settings;
- use a browser that can block third-party cookies; or
- install a plug-in to block locally stored data, if one is available.
We believe this data collection helps improve your user experience, but you may remove or disable some or all locally stored data through your browser settings, depending on your browser. While cookies and other locally stored data may not be necessary to use our, some features may not function properly if you disable locally stored data.
6. Where can I find more information?
Please note that in the event of any differences in meaning or interpretation between the original English version of this document and a translation, the original English version takes precedence.
This text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.
Source: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Cookie_statement. Text was modified.